Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What ever happened to interference?

I'm not talking about the kind where a guy taps the puck carrier on the hip with his stick and gets a penalty. We see a couple of those every game! I'm talking the good old fashioned kind that Gary Bettman and the NHL wanted to get rid of, the kind where the puck carrier chips the puck by and gets held up by the defender thus allowing his partner to gather the puck. It is not called anymore unless your name is Anders Eriksson and you are stupid enough to throw the guys to the ice while impeding his progress.

Shouldn't the tap be let go and the actual interference that effects the play be the one called?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
Alex
Cell jammers